I’m Malvina–Artist, Activist, and Writer.
I’ve worn many more hats in my life, but these three have endured. I’ve done grassroots activism for nearly 20 years now. Whenever I need a break, I head to my studio. Every time the going gets tough, I pick up a pen.
And the going has gotten really tough lately. These are trying times that we live in. The news breaks our hearts daily. Grassroots activism these days seems like not just one tool in a toolbox, but the only tool available to us. Every day it seems like more is demanded of us, with no time to rest. Let’s get real kiddos, this isn’t going to be a sprint to a campaign finish-line. This is a marathon.
What we need more than anything is a revolution that is energized and ever-ready. Saving the world doesn’t happen overnight.
The Activism Joy Studio is about reactivating your activism and recharging your revolution. If you’re new to grassroots activism or if you’re a seasoned veteran, we’re here for you. If you want to talk about:
- building an intentional self-care practice,
- savoring art, music, poetry, and dance that helps lighten our load,
- finding spots of happiness and laughter to keep us going,
- discovering new perspectives,
- and locating joy and courage in the midst of the struggle for justice
… then this is the place for you!
In the words of James Oppenheim and the women of Lawrence, MA:
As we come marching, marching, unnumbered women dead
Go crying through our singing their ancient cry for bread.
Small art and love and beauty their drudging spirits knew.
Yes, it is bread we fight for – but we fight for roses, too.
You gotch-yer bread, we’re bringing the roses.
Subscribe to our e-mail list to get our weekly newsletter in your inbox. And for even more joy, come follow us on:
- Facebook – get extra articles, FB shares, and memes all related to activism and self-care!
- and LinkedIn! (coming soon)
Want some inspiration in your inbox?
Subscribe to get our newsletter by email.